Campus Recreation Mission
The mission of the Campus Recreation Program is to enhance students fitness & wellness knowledge, personal skills, abilities to problem solve and effectively communicate by providing:
- Opportunities for a variety of activities that will contribute to individual physical fitness and wellness.
- Cooperative & competitive play activities that will encourage communication and problem solving skills
- Access to quality facilities, equipment and programs convenient to student’s schedules to meet their interest needs.
- A medium through which students can learn and practice leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Management & program planning skills via student employment opportunities in the department.
The purpose of the campus recreation program is to help students, via their participation in the program offerings, achieve a variety of identified student learning and development outcomes. Outcomes identified in the department include but are not limited to:
- Leadership development- via education and training outside the classroom for student employees and student participants
- Enhanced self esteem- via opportunities during competition to show self respect and respect for others.
Student Government allocates activity and service fees to sponsor the programs and assist with facility operations. Program activities and facilities are planned, operated and implemented with the assistance of employed student leaders in all areas.