At UNF, students are our first priority. To help them realize their educational dreams, we have assembled an array of programs to make the most of their experience on campus.
- New to UNF is the Hicks Honors College, an interdisciplinary college designed for high-achieving Ospreys that emphasizes experiential and active learning in small classes. Honors students in the College, formerly the Honors program, are engaged in service learning as well as research activities with faculty.
- UNF is known for providing students with Transformational Learning Opportunities, or TLOs, as they are known on campus. Students have a chance to take part in a life-changing experiences — conducting research with faculty, taking part in community-based learning or studying abroad, which UNF students do at twice the national average.
There are plenty of opportunities for UNF Ospreys to get involved in activities that complement the classroom experience. Students can:
- Join one of the more than 200 clubs and organizations
- Belong to one of 24 fraternities or sororities
- Live in one of our six residence hall complexes or the Flats at UNF, an upper-class, apartment-style housing option
- Study and collaborate with other students in the Library Learning Commons, a vibrant and flexible academic environment that promotes positive student learning outcomes
- Engage in friendly athletic competition at the new Field House, a multi-functional facility that includes two fully equipped classrooms and three recreational basketball courts that can convert into volleyball, badminton and indoor soccer courts
- Cheer for our 19 NCAA Division I sports teams and take in a game at UNF Arena, which features a brand new, state-of-the-art digital scoreboard and an electric game day experience