Diversity in Contracts Program
The University of North Florida is committed to keeping diversity in contracting as an integral part of its business strategy. In a fiscally responsible manner we strive to grow and sustain minority, women and service-disabled veteran owned small businesses through University in-reach, community outreach, education and training.
The University recognizes the value of a diverse supplier base and its impact on the business community and population at large. In recognition of this fact, Procurement Services makes conscientious efforts to ensure that we continue to seek new supplier sources to fulfill the business opportunities at the University and that minority, women and service-disabled veteran owned small business enterprises are given the opportunity to compete for contracting opportunities.
MISSION: to expand relationships and enrich economic opportunities for small businesses, including minority, women and service-disabled veteran owned, with the University of North Florida.
VISION: to have a supplier base that reflects the diversity of our students, faculty, staff and community
- Identify and utilize minority, women and service-disabled veteran owned business enterprises that provide goods and/or services that are purchased by the University of North Florida
- Encourage certification of minority, women and service-disabled veteran owned business enterprises
- Promote the utilization of minority, women and service-disabled veteran owned business enterprises across university departments, academic units and prime contractors
- Continuously validate that vendors are being categorized correctly in our vendor purchasing system, reported accurately and represented in our bidding opportunities
- Provide educational opportunities that allow communication of the purchasing process and outreach opportunities between departments and potential vendors.
To learn more about UNF’s Diversity in Contracts Program, please contact Tamatha Thomas, Senior Buyer, at 904-620-2272; email@example.com
University of North Florida Awarded University of the Year by The Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) Office Supplier Diversity (OSD) Show Entire Article
UNF Business Participation Plan FY 11-12
City of Jacksonville JSEB
Department Of Management Services: http://www.dms.myflorida.com/
Duval County Public Schools: http://www.duvalschools.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=1