What should NOT be requested as a project?
UNF's project request process was not designed to intentionally delay or prevent faculty, staff, or students from being able to accomplish the work that needs to be completed. Typical day-to-day requests affecting individual user needs do not need to be evaluated in the same way that a request for a new software application should be evaluated. Below are typical types of requests that SHOULD NOT be submitted through the IT project request process. Instead, requests such as the examples below, should be requested through UNF's Information Technology Service Request (ITSR) system by selecting the link below or sending an email to email@example.com.
- New purchase or replacement of the following:
- Tablet devices
- Single licenses for software applications
- Routine system Maintenance (Patches/Updates) provided by the vendor
- Please note that new versions of an existing software solution in use at UNF should be submitted as an IT project request
- Fixing any of the following:
- Desktop errors or problems
- Laptop errors or problems
- Creation of online surveys
- Any services currently available in the IT Services Catalog
- Access to university administrative applications such as Banner Finance, myWings, etc.
- Adding users to Talon - UNF's SharePoint site
- Anything related to telephones on campus
- Modification of EXISTING reports
- Text changes on a self-service web application
In order to begin the process for requesting services and support for these types of activities, click the link below. Please note you DO NOT need to be connected to the university network to continue. You will be prompted for your current university name and password.
Submit a new ITSR