UNF Parents Association
Joining and becoming a member of the UNF Parents Association affords you the opportunity to make a different in the lives of Osprey students. Membership provides you with the opportunity to actively participate in the life of your Osprey student, and interact with other parents. The association provides helps parents support their students as they transition into college and throughout their undergraduate years.
You can volunteer for major events such as planning Family Weekend and parent orientation sessions. The Parents Association meets on campus twice a year.
The University of North Florida Parents Association serves as a link between parents and guardians of UNF students and the University to:
Unite: parents, family members, faculty and staff as partners in support of the academic and personal success of students
Nuture: the relationships between parents, families, students and the University in recognition of the critical role parents and families play in the education of students.
Facilitate: on-going communication to educate parents and families about University policies and campus resources.
Parents Association – Join Now!
To join the UNF Parents Association, please click here to print and complete a membership form.
For parents of new students starting in summer or fall 2018, please join us during your Orientation session at the Student Affairs Resource Fair and Parents Association Reception. For more information on parent sessions during Orientation, click here.
Annual Family Membership: $75
Four-Year Membership: $150
Osprey Membership: $250 or higher
Renewal of Annual Family Membership: $75
Please note: Membership dues are considered a tax-deductible gift and you will receive an acknowledgment from UNF.
Thanks to your membership, we provide the following services to students:
- Lend-A-Wing Pantry support
- Career preparation and planning
- Leadership development initiatives
- Emergency funding
Benefits of UNF Parents Association membership include:
- Discount on Family Weekend registration
- A toll-free phone number to the Parent and Family Programs Office
- Receive monthly e-news updates – Members of the association who are not currently receiving the e-newsletter and would like to receive it, should send their email address to email@example.com.
- Invitations to special events where you can interact with University faculty, staff and other Osprey families
- Hospitality tent at selected campus events
- Volunteer opportunities to support Parents Association programs
To review the UNF Parents Association Bylaws, please click here.
Parents Association Committees
There are several standing committees and ad hoc committees that parents can be a part of. These committees are called together as the need arises.
Outreach: Recruitment and retention of members by providing support to parents and their students
If you are interested in joining one of these committees and/or would like further information, please contact Jeanne Middleton at (904) 620-1567 or email.
Scholarship: Interview finalists and select scholarship recipients
Events: Coordinating social and educational activities for the Association
The following volunteer opportunities are currently available for parents.
- Parent Outreach Events – Host an event throughout the year in communities across the state. Outreach events are great opportunities for parents and students to connect and meet other families as well as University staff and administrators.
- On-Campus Events – Welcome new Osprey parents, answer questions and assist families of first year students during Orientation, Move-In Day, Week of Welcome, or work the registration table during Family Weekend.
- Become part of the Parent’s Network – Add your name to a list of current parents who are willing take phone calls from new or prospective parents and assist UNF students who need assistance when traveling through your region.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a volunteer form by clicking here
. Please contact Jeanne Middleton if you have any questions regarding volunteer opportunities at (904) 620-1567 or by email
Events – check the UNF events calendar as there are many lecture series, programs, exhibits and other programs that are open to parents. Keep up to date on campus happenings and take advantage of your relationship with UNF.
Go back to school – be a lifelong learner. Who says you can't be a student yourself?
Make a contribution – consider making a gift to the UNF Parents and Family Program Fund.
Make a suggestion – email a suggestion to the Parents Association.