OUR Job Opportunities
Available positions as of June 6, 2017:
If you are interested in any job opportunities below, email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview.
Undergraduate Research Ambassador (FWS paid):
In this role, you will mentor students about 'getting started' in undergraduate research, what opportunities are available to them as undergraduate researchers, and more. You will also visit classes to provide students with information about our office and undergraduate research in general. Finally, as an Undergraduate Research Ambassador, you will vote on the Undergraduate Researcher of the Year award. You will also assist with advertising, promotions, and some administrative work. Undergraduate Research Ambassadors will be the face of undergraduate research at UNF, so it is required that you have a positive attitude and enthusiasm about undergraduate research. Students, faculty, and staff will look to you for assistance; this position will provide you with leadership skills, as well as other versatile skills that you will use in graduate school and the work force. This position will begin in Fall 2017.
- You must be eligible for Federal Work Study. To find out if you are eligible for Federal Work Study, email FWS@unf.edu, give them your name and N number, and ask if you are eligible for federal work study.
- You must be available 15-20 hours to work each week
- You must have at least one semester of undergraduate research experience
- You must be in good academic standing and have at least a 3.0 GPA
In this role, you will maintain office operations by receiving and distributing communications (e.g., emails, calls), inventory supplies, pick-up and deliver items, assist students, faculty, and staff, and assist the OUR staff. You will also maintain calendars of OUR staff members and will assist in scheduling meetings. This position will begin in Fall 2017.
- You must be eligible for Federal Work Study. To find out if you are eligible for Federal Work Study, email FWS@unf.edu, give them your name and N number, and ask if you are eligible.
- You must be available to work 20 hours each week.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- No previous office assistant experience is required, but it is preferred.