New & Returning Students
Current students: please see Reclassification information.
Proof of Florida residency is required for assessment of in-state tuition and to be eligible for the Learning for a Lifetime (Senior Citizen) Program. All degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking students whose previous enrollment (if any) was more than 12 months prior to the start of the term for which the student is applying must present acceptable proof of legal Florida residency at the time of application for admission/readmission in order to be assessed in-state tuition and fees. Students who do not have acceptable proof of legal Florida residency will be assessed out-of-state tuition and fees. Residency classification is not based on financial hardships.
The residency declaration can be found online and through paper form.
- The online residency declaration can be found through the student's myWings account by clicking on the "What's Next?" box, then clicking on the "Declare Residency for Tuition Purposes" link.
- The residency declaration may also be downloaded below.
- COMPLETELY fill out the residency declaration.
- Bring your declaration and any necessary documentation to One-Stop Student Services. You may also fax your residency information to (904) 620-2414, or mail to:
- Office of Enrollment Services Processing
- If you do not meet the basic residency requirements, you may be considered as a Florida resident under one of the exemption categories.
- The deadline to turn in all required documentation is the last working day before the first week of classes of the term for which you are applying for residency.
- Sending in this information will not automatically qualify you for Florida Residency for tuition purposes. An evaluation of all documentation will be required before a determination of residency status is made. Please note that additional documentation or clarification may be requested.