Thomas G. Carpenter Library is committed to faculty, staff, and student success at the University of North Florida. Use of collaborative spaces within our physical facilities is for educational purposes only and these guidelines are offered to help us maximize their use and assist our users in satisfying their teaching and learning needs.
Scheduling Classrooms 2102A & B
Two 40-seat classrooms are available on the 2nd floor and equipped with digital projection and PC desktops in multiple rows:
- Classroom 2102A is normally unlocked and available for general usage whenever the library is open.
- Classroom 2102B is normally locked and is the primary location for instruction/training.
With a movable wall, the two classrooms can be combined into one 80-seat space. Scheduling of the classrooms by non-UNF affiliates is available after the first month of each semester.
Scheduling availability is as follows:
- First priority is for library instruction, including one-shot class sessions with a library instructor, semester-long courses taught by a librarian, and workshops scheduled by librarians.
- Second priority is for the library as a whole. This includes but is not limited to library staff training, presentations, and open events sponsored by the library.
- Depending on availability, the classrooms may be scheduled by other University of North Florida campus affiliates to facilitate computer-based instruction/training. Such sessions are scheduled on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Following the first three priorities, the rooms may be scheduled by outside organizations no more than three months in advance.
- The classrooms generally are not scheduled:
- by students (neither individually nor for student groups without a library sponsor and library staff attending),
- for testing (neither proctored nor unmonitored),
- for semester-long courses other than those taught by a librarian
Questions about reserving Classrooms 2012A & B, contact: Head of Instruction Lauren Newton, email@example.com
Scheduling Other Library Spaces
Questions about reserving Library Administration Conference Rooms 2405 & 2405A, contact: Associate Dean Lisandra Carmichael, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about reserving Presentation/Group Study Rooms 2115, 2116 & 2117, contact: Director of Public Services Tom Caswell, email@example.com
Questions about reserving Special Collections, contact: Director of Library Systems & Technology Jennifer Murray, or firstname.lastname@example.org