LGBT Resource Center
The University of North Florida LGBT Resource Center envisions a university where all people are fully included and affirmed, and where justice, equality, and respect prevail.
The LGBT Resource Center's mission is to provide valuable education and resources for the entire campus community with a commitment to advocacy, equality, respect, and support for LGBT students, faculty, and staff.
Sign up to receive our update, two e-mails per month detailing events and opportunities of interest to the UNF LGBT community.
LGBTQIA Speakers Bureau Request
Faculty may request panel presentations on LGBT issues for their courses. To request a speakers bureau panel please email us.
LGBT Resource Center and Lavender Graduation
- UNF is one of six university-based LGBT centers/offices in the state of Florida with a full-time staffed LGBT Resource Center (The others universities are UCF, University of Miami, FIU, USF, and UF).
- The UNF non-discrimination policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. We were one of the first colleges in the city of Jacksonville to include both sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- The LGBT Resource Center was established in 2006, thanks in large part to student activism and a campus climate survey.
- In Fall of 2015, gender inclusive housing launched to provide a safe, inclusive, and supportive experience for all students.
- Gender-neutral restrooms are located in several buildings throughout campus including gender neutral locker rooms in the new Wellness Complex.
- UNF offers several academic courses that address gender and sexuality and has out LGBT and ally faculty and staff in departments throughout the university.
- In 2009, the LGBT Resource Center moved to a new space in the Student Union.
Watch us in action
Check out these videos of our past and present staff members helping to spread Osprey Pride!