As you will see in this annual report, Information Technology Services has delivered many new and improved services and projects during this past fiscal year that benefited students, faculty, and staff. I want to formally thank ITS and their valued partners and clients for the work completed this past fiscal year. Looking in the rear view mirror, I see countless successes including the Virtual Lab Upgrade, Osprey Clubhouse Multi-Purpose Room, Imaging Migration, Office 2013 Upgrade, EMS Campus Implementation, Student Enrollment Communications Center, Financial Aid Online Forms, Meal Plan revisions, ePAF II Implementation, and the ITS Help Desk transition to the Thomas G. Carpenter Library. These efforts, as is true of the work done in the preceding years, are the launching pad from which we start this year. As we go forward, I want to share the vision of where we are headed for the current fiscal year. With the changing dynamics and demands on higher education, students, faculty, and staff desire that ITS not only deliver value to the University, but also be transparent, visible and collaborative in fulfilling their mission.
To ensure we are “on the same page” with the campus community regarding the projects and services ITS undertakes and completes, we will better communicate our progress, challenges, milestones and accomplishments. Transparency also carries with it a commitment to be honest with ourselves as to where there exists an opportunity to improve our execution and quality of delivery. To this end, I share with you the critical ITS objectives for the current fiscal year:
- Implement and support on-going communications of UNF’s project management methodology framework by January 31, 2016.
- Develop and implement a quarterly divisional project/services portfolio report by December 31, 2015.
- Develop and implement a strategic IT project identification and nomination process for input into the annual budgeting process by December 31, 2015.
- Work with at least one Administrative/Academic unit to build a mobile application to promote better learning, teaching, research and/or administrative processing by June 30, 2016.
- Develop service level agreements for critical applications/services and manage to the agreed upon service targets (On-going).
- Develop a multi-year strategic plan for managing the upgrade and densification of the university’s wireless infrastructure by January 31, 2016.
- Develop a balanced Currency deployment plan that delivers updated workstation in a timely manner during the academic school year January 31, 2016.
Associate VP and Chief Information Officer