- There are nine designated University holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Visit the calendars page to see the dates for the University holidays for the current year.
- Faculty, administrative and support staff employees are paid for the designated University holidays.
- In order to receive pay for a University holiday, an employee must be at work or use paid leave the day before the University holiday.
- If an employee is not at work, and does not use any paid leave, the day before a University holiday, the employee will not be paid for that University holiday.
- Full time employees receive a maximum of eight hours for each University holiday, regardless of the days and hours which constitute the workweek.
Additional holidays may be announced by the University President during the year. Any additional holidays will be added to the University holiday calendar on the calendars page.