The below information is taken from the University's policy on Hours of Work, Benefits and Leave Requirements (4.0120P).
- Sick leave is accrued and credited to your sick leave balance each pay period. You are able to see your updated sick leave balance via myWings on Tuesday of a pay week.
- Sick leave must be accrued before it may be used.
- Sick leave accrual rates are the same for all employee classes:
- Faculty, administrative and support staff earn four hours of sick leave each pay period.
- There is no maximum accrual limit for sick leave.
- Sick leave may be used for the following circumstances:
- The employee's personal injury or illness which prevents the employee from performing his or her assigned duties
- Appointments with health care providers
- The injury, illness, appointments with health care providers or death of an employee's family member or members.
- An employee may be required to provide medical documentation to support the use of sick leave for three or more consecutive days of absence.
- The employee must notify his or her appropriate supervisor the first day of absense due to injury or illness.
- An employee with at least 10 years of State service will be paid one-fourth of the employee's remaining sick leave balance upon separation, up to a maximum of 480 hours.
- Employees may only use the amount of leave necessary to bring their total hours for the work week up to their contracted hours.
* The sick leave earning rates listed are for full-time (1.0 FTE) employees working 80 biweekly hours. The sick leave earning rate will be different for part-time employees and employees that do not work their entire biweekly hours. Contact the Office of Human Resources at (904) 620-2903 for more information on part-time sick leave accrual rates.