Nature of Work:
This is work assisting in the management of operations for a designated component of a University Police Department.
- Assists in developing law enforcement policies and procedures.
- Advises law enforcement personnel as to new laws, regulations, procedures and assignments.
- Reviews police activities through personal conferences and/or incident reports.
- Assists in budget preparation for assigned area(s).
- Serves as law enforcement liaison with outside law enforcement and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares administrative reports.
- Conducts background and other internal personnel investigations.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators or suspected law violators.
Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes and have four years of sworn law enforcement or sworn investigative experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.