Nature of Work:
This is work supervising law enforcement operations on an assigned shift; law enforcement operations on a branch campus; or a specialized law enforcement function.
- Conducts roll-call briefings prior to field assignments.
- Submits written or oral reports.
- Receives complaints from and/or against shift personnel.
- Serves as Field Supervisor to assigned law enforcement personnel.
- Instructs law enforcement personnel in operational procedures.
- May assume Command Officer responsibility for a shift.
- May develop, coordinate, and/or deliver in-service law enforcement training.
- May act as public information officer.
Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes, and have three years of sworn law enforcement or sworn investigation experience, and for promotional appointments, successful completion of the Board of Regents' written test for this class. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.