Nature of Work:
This is work performing university sworn law enforcement duties.
- Patrols assigned area(s) to insure the personal safety of the university populace and to provide protection and security to facilities.
- Directs traffic.
- Investigates accidents, complaints, disturbances, and law violations by interviewing complainants, suspects, and witnesses; secures incident area; and collects and preserves evidence.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators and suspected law violators.
- Issues traffic warnings and citations.
- Controls crowds during special events, catastrophes, riots, and demonstrations.
- Provides armed escort for university monies.
Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes, and have one year of law enforcement experience. Two years of military or other appropriate experience may substitute for the required one year of law enforcement experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.