Nature of Work:
This is work managing the operations of a public safety communications center.
- Formulates and implements communications procedures for departmental operating functions.
- Develops operational procedures and ensures effective allocation of personnel resources and equipment.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors annual budget.
- Conducts training programs to improve operating techniques.
- Updates emergency procedures and instructs personnel in compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
A bachelor's degree and one year of experience directly related to the job functions or a high school diploma and five years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Proficiency in typing and State certification on the NCIC/FCIC computer system are required.