Nature of Work:
This is non-sworn law enforcement work operating telephone, radio, and computer systems in a public safety communications center involving computerized radio dispatching.
- Receives and evaluates calls requesting police assistance of both emergency and non-emergency natures.
- Inputs and transmits call information using computer terminal or manual card system.
- Contacts appropriate parties to notify of complaints and/or actions required.
- Operates two-way radio to dispatch calls to public safety units and to receive and communicate information.
- Uses computer terminal to update and monitor the unit status.
- Transmits requests for emergency services and retrieves various data and records.
- Checks driver's license records, vehicle registrations, stolen article files, warrants, criminal histories, and missing person lists.
- Monitors alarm systems and notifies personnel upon activation.
- Prepares various logs, reports and forms.
A high school diploma and one year of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Proficiency in typing and State certification on the NCIC/FCIC computer system are required.