Nature of Work:
This is work installing, maintaining & operating the university’s irritation systems.
- Plans and arranges work schedules for subordinates.
- Checks assigned areas for irrigation problems.
- Programs numerous types of irrigation controllers and resets area controllers, making adjustments depending on environmental conditions and seasonal changes.
- Reads blueprints, diagrams, and sketches in the preparation and performance of irrigation tasks.
- Coordinates irrigation related activity, including drain tile, pipe, pump, valve, and time installation and maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance according to schedules.
- May perform routine cleaning, maintenance, servicing of assigned equipment.
High School and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.