Nature of Work:
This is work performing automotive maintenance and service.
- Submits requests for new parts and equipment.
- Performs welding on engines, frames, and bodies of vehicles and equipment.
- Repairs and replaces engines, transmissions, blowers, generators, starters, pumps, and fuel injection systems in mechanical equipment.
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- May realign and rebuild brake systems, align front ends, replace struts and repair radiators.
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program in automotive repair; or a high school diploma and three years of experience directly related to the job functions and possession of a driver's license. Directly related college coursework or training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.