Nature of Work:
This position performing skilled locksmith functions and supervises locksmith staff.
- Schedules, organizes and directs work of subordinates.
- Orders tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains departmental charge report, records of jobs performed and work hours expended.
- Maintains records of keying of all buildings.
- Insures proper equipment and supplies are available in the stockroom to complete various jobs.
- Estimates time and material costs on proposed projects.
- Provides guidance on safety regulations.
Completion of an approved locksmith apprenticeship program and one year of experience directly related to the job functions; or a high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.