Nature of Work:
This position performs skilled locksmith functions.
- Installs, services, and maintains mechanical and electronic lock systems.
- Repairs and opens locks, makes keys, and changes lock combination using hand tools and special equipment.
- Disassembles locks and repairs or replaces pins, springs, and other parts.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys by using key-cutting machine.
- Moves lock pick in cylinder to open door locks without key.
- Compiles and updates a confidential log of system codes.
Completion of an approved locksmith apprenticeship program; or a high school diploma and two years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.