Nature of Work:
This is work assisting skilled trades employees and/or independently performing semiskilled maintenance tasks.
- Assists skilled trades employees by performing tasks such as preparation of job site or surfaces.
- Assists in the installation, and maintenance of fixtures, equipment, pipes, and machinery.
- Cleans equipment and job site.
- Follows preventive maintenance schedule in performing routine servicing and minor repair of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Performs routine layout and construction for concrete, asphalt, and wood construction; assists in the demolition, renovation, and/or repair of structures.
- Performs routine fabrication, cutting, welding, and installation of metal projects.
- Operates and adjusts controls for heating/cooling.
- Receives, processes, and resolves student housing residents' requests for routine maintenance needs.
Completion of ninth (9th) grade required and one year of experience directly related to the job functions. HS Diploma preferred. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.