Nature of Work:
This is work installing, repairing and maintaining all types of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment for the university.
- Installs, maintains, adjusts, modifies and performs repairs of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Makes initial settings and final adjustments of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Checks and adjusts the entire air conditioning and refrigeration system after installation.
- Adds refrigerants and oil; tests for defective parts; makes electrical repairs related to air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment.
- Follows a predetermined schedule of preventive maintenance.
Completion of an approved apprenticeship program in air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating; or a high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.