Nature of Work:
This is work managing the operations of a teaching, service, research or a specialized scientific lab.
- Categorizes and stores sensitive scientific materials/instruments.
- Ensures compliance with federal regulations for hazardous waste disposal.
- Researches and evaluates new products, compares and negotiates vendor prices.
- Develops laboratory procedures.
- Prepares operating budgets.
- Prepares justification for laboratory equipment requests.
- Directs the maintenance program for laboratory equipment.
- Reviews and coordinates all machine shop work orders for special or modified equipment needs.
- Coordinates the developmental safety program for all laboratory settings, or specialized scientific orhazardous materials stores.
A high school diploma and five years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.