Nature of Work:
This is work providing guidance to other IT Support Center staff, related to maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of a variety of computer related equipment.
- Directs workflow, problem escalation and resolution and assign ticket priorities.
- Configures and maintains a variety of computer equipment including computer terminals, printers, modems, personal computers and data communications equipment.
- Determines source and nature of computer malfunction using diagnostic and application software.
- Adjusts, repairs, and replaces malfunctioning equipment.
- Serves as a source of information on equipment problems.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
A high school diploma and six years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.