Nature of Work:
This is work providing telephone services (installation and repairs) to the university community.
- Meets with campus personnel to coordinate telephone moves, additions and changes.
- Installs repairs and test building wiring & telephone jacks.
- Installs and maintains digital and analog telephone equipment.
- Handles the programming of various types of telecommunications systems to include voice-mail systems.
- Maintains the customer database for the on campus telephone network.
- Assists with the administration, installation and maintenance of the University Emergency Reporting system.
- Maintains switching equipment and performs routine hardware and software maintenance.
A high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.