Nature of Work:
This is work providing one or more specialized human resources functions to include Classification & Compensation, Recruitment, Benefits & Retirement, Attendance & Leave and Employee & Labor Relations.
- Reviews position descriptions, conducts job audits, and determines appropriate position classification.
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations on salary administration requests i.e. Special Pay Increases and Reclassifications.
- Coordinates the process for updating the university’s master organizational chart.
- Reviews qualifications of applicants and prepares applicant pool for department’s review.
- Explains benefit programs to employees and processes paperwork in connection with these programs.
- Conducts new employee orientations for Professional and Support staff.
- Reviews and inputs personnel actions for budgeted and non-budgeted staff.
- Creates reports and/or queries from the human resources information system.
- Performs timesheet audits.
- Recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Advises on employee relations, labor contract matters & federal and state laws.
- Counsels employees in retirement and other benefits, grievances, discipline, and performance issues.
- May assists in the development of various training processes to the university community.
A bachelor’s degree and one year of experience directly related to the functions or high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.