Nature of Work:
This is work supervising stores/receiving employees.
- Oversees receiving, inspection, inventory and distribution of stored materials.
- Determines needs for additional stock items and contacts vendors to obtain supplies.
Maintains special order files and handles exchanges, credits, and returns.
- Recommends and implements operating policies and procedures.
- Insures warehouse space utilization and safety standards.
- Negotiates with vendors to evaluate new products, substitutes, and to compare vendor pricing.
- Prepares storeroom annual budgets.
- May oversee the sale and disposal of surplus property.
High school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.