Nature of Work:
This is work performing receipt and disbursement activities involving equipment and supplies.
- Initiates purchase requisitions.
- Obtains verification of materials delivered.
- Receives, sorts, records, stores, and issues chemicals, research supplies, and equipment.
- May order and store supplies and equipment of a specialized nature.
- Maintains inventory control records.
- Inspects storeroom and surrounding areas.
- Insures that chemicals and other toxic substances are properly handled, stored, or delivered.
High school diploma and two years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.