Nature of Work:
Performs routine secretarial and administrative duties.
- Prepares a variety of routine documents, including correspondence, reports, class material, exams, manuscripts, forms, purchase orders, lists, reimbursement request, requisitions, etc.
- Maintains administrative files and/or records for the unit.
- Assists in maintaining a specific function of the department annual operating budget. This may include travel expenses, invoices and requisition for supplies.
- Screens incoming calls and directs calls to the appropriate person or take messages.
- Greets visitors, distributes office mail, schedules appointments, meetings, maintain calendar, make travel arrangements, coordinates catering for special events.
- Gathers information for supervisor’s use in reports and presentations.
High school diploma and two years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.