Transfer Living Community
The primary goal of the Transfer Living Community (T.L.C.) is to allow transfer students to connect, integrate, and engage in the University of North Florida lifestyle in a new way. This community will promote educational activities as well as social activities. T.L.C. will provide transfer students with tools for academic success and professional success while attending UNF via transfer seminars. By creating a rooted foundation that promotes strong social functions, fosters a career going culture, and supports fiscal responsibility, the outcome will be an increase in students’ persistence, retention and graduation rates.
Eligibility & Course Requirements
- Complete the Housing Contract & LLC and Interest Housing Application.
- Must be a full-time student and within their first year of transfer to UNF.
- Eligible students include those matriculating to UNF in Summer or Fall terms.
- Live in Osprey Fountains- House 3 with Transfer Living Community
- Support/Attend Community events and programs
As a member of the Transfer Living Community, T.L.C. will:
- Increase knowledge of and connect to the resources and services available within and outside of the UNF community
- Develop knowledge of campus organizations and how to become involved
- Broaden involvement in campus events and activities
- Create a lasting network of peers with a similar transition experience
Anticipated Experiences May Include:
- Tommy G. Library - resources and use knowledge
- Writing Center – writing skills
- Career Services – career path assistance, job fair preparation, internships
- Advising offices – academic compass / map
- One Stop – Scholarship opportunities
- Peer social group events – welcome events, clubs & organizations, meet and greets, orientation to university
Campus Partners & Who to Contact:
The Transfer Living Community is a partnership with Housing and Residence Life, the Office of Admissions Transfer Admission division.
Mr. Marc Berkovits
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Coordinator for Educational Initiatives, Housing and Residence Life
Assistant Director, Housing and Residence Life