(1) The purpose of this “packet” is twofold. First and foremost, it is for you; it will play a large role in ensuring that you have a meaningful, fruitful, and smooth Capstone experience. Second, it serves as the means by which the Honors Committee evaluates and either approves or disapproves your project.
(2) Please read the following instructions carefully and follow them vigilantly. Packets that deviate from these instructions will not be considered; the projects in them will not be put up for approval. Please contact Dr. David Kammerman if you have any questions. You will submit the packet to him.
(3) This Pre-Capstone Packet must be submitted for approval by October 15th for a Capstone the proposed commencement of which is the following spring term; the student must submit the Pre-Capstone Packet for approval by March 15th for a Capstone the proposed commencement of which is either the forthcoming summer or fall term. No retroactive submissions will be considered.
(4) Submit all of the “packet” components together. Make sure to label each component clearly.
* All Pre-Capstone Packets must include the following four major components, their subsections, and the “Capstone Proposal Coversheet."
I. The Proposal
Please answer each of the following questions in a cogent, thoughtful, detailed, specific, thorough, and well-structured series of responses. As with any project proposal, specifics are the key. Make sure to label and answer each prompt separately.
1. As specifically as you can, describe the project you propose to do as you Capstone.
2. How does your proposed Capstone fit in with your course of study?
3. How does your proposed Capstone prepare you for what you hope to do in the future (i.e. after graduation and later in life)?
4. What are your learning objectives and expectations? Overall, what do you hope to get out of and achieve with this project?
5. As part of the Honors Colloquium, you wrote a retirement biography; look back at it and what you envisioned as your future.
Please provide a specific timetable for implementing your Capstone project. This is a specific, organized, and clear sketch or table of how you plan to accomplish what you have described above. Make sure to include the following:
Explain who will supervise your Capstone. Make sure to clarify the following:
IV. Supervisor Recommendation
Have the faculty member supervising your research, your internship supervisor, etc. complete the “ Supervisor Recommendation."
Capstone Proposal Coversheet
Entire Capstone Pamphlet
Copyright © 2012 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
Contact | Emergency | Privacy | RegulationsDisability Accommodations