1. This space is for study, relaxation and quiet conversation among Faculty Association members and adjunct faculty of the University of North Florida.
2. No classes may be held in the Commons at any time.
3. No students (graduate or undergraduate) may be brought into the Commons by any faculty member except for special events where student attendance is permitted.
4.The Commons may only be reserved evenings after 5 p.m. and weekends for faculty functions that might include students, parents, alumni, and non-faculty. Such events are limited to those approved in advance by the President of Faculty Association or his/her designee. Persons seeking to schedule events must submit a written request, to the Faculty Association President, in which the nature of the event and its relevance to faculty is clearly articulated.
5. The Bulletin Board should only be for announcements of a general nature likely to be of interest to most faculty.
6. Faculty using the Commons agree to take responsibility for maintaining the Commons in accordance with some basic rules of etiquette which will be posted (see below).
Basic Rules of Etiquette for Use of the Faculty Commons
1. If you drink the last cup of coffee, make more.
2. If you use a cup, wash it or throw it away (if it is disposable).
3. If you use a napkin or paper plate, throw it away, too.
4. If you make a mess, clean it up.
5. If you spill something, clean it all up.
6. If you take drinks into the Commons, use coasters under cups and glasses to protect the wood tabletops.
7. If you move the furniture around, put it back where you found it.
8. If you turn on the TV or the stereo, turn it on low so as not to disturb others, and turn it off when you leave.
9. If you read a magazine, put it back in the holder when you are finished.
10. If you read a newspaper, put it back together in the right order for the next reader.
11. If you put food or drinks in the refrigerator, take them out before they turn green.
12. If you don't put food or drinks in the refrigerator, don't take any out!
The Faculty Commons is located in Honors Hall - Building 10, Room 1102
FA 07-03: February 1, 2007
FA 02-16: May 9, 2002
FA 99-32: Oct 7, 1999