We have instituted a new course, IDH1xxx (H) Honors First Yr Colloquium, which is required for all students who wish to receive the designation of either University Honors or Baccalaureate Honors on their transcripts. The rationale for this new course is to help Honors students make the transition from high school to college and provide a common Honors experience that will serve to attach students to the Honors and Scholars Program. The course will be tied to a common theme and is designed to enhance students' critical thinking skills, cultural awareness, and intellectual curiosity.
With the addition of this new course, the requirements for Honors students will be:
A minimum of 15 hours of Honors credits for University Honors, which must include IDH 1xxx (H) Honors First Yr Colloquium.
A minimum of 30 hours of Honors credit for Baccalaureate Honors, which must include IDH 1xxx (H) Honors First Yr Colloquium.
Obtain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4 at the time of graduation.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, Honors students must also complete a capstone experience.
Capstone Experiences: Students may continue to take Honors courses throughout their four years of college, but in addition, there will now be several ways to complete the Honors capstone requirement in the last two years of the student's program. These include
• Honors in the Major (the traditional research thesis or creative project)
• A Community Based Learning Project
• A Study Abroad Experience
• An Electronic Portfolio of Significant Work Completed as an Undergraduate
• Completion of the Leadership Certificate offered by UNF’s Institute for Values, Community and Leadership
• Any other project or experience that a student proposes as long as it is accepted by the Honors Council. Click here to view the Program of study)