In the policy on Medical Withdrawal (5.0050P), under section B #4, the Academic Standards Committee requests to remove the word “all” and amend to read “for courses in progress during the designated term.” The last page of the policy with those changes is noted in the text.
…initiate contact with the Director of Student Medical Services or Counseling Center as appropriate.
2. Upon review of all available documentation and information, the Director of Student Medical Services or Counseling Center, in consultation with a designated faculty member (without student identification), will make a recommendation as to whether a medical withdrawal is appropriate.
3. The Director of Student Medical Services or Counseling Center will complete the Administrative Medical Withdrawal Form and forward it to the Vice President for Student and International Affairs and Provost for approval. The Vice President (or designee) will determine if a refund of tuition or fees is appropriate based on the circumstances of the medical withdrawal.
4. The Enrollment Services Processing Center will receive a copy of the approved form and will place a “WM” on the transcript for
all courses in progress during the designated term. If appropriate, the Director of Student Medical Services or Counseling Center may also request a registration hold, which would require the student to contact Student Medical Services or the Counseling Center prior to re-enrollment.
5. The Director of Student Medical Services or Counseling Center will notify the student of the decision in writing. Included in this documentation will be the decision regarding any tuition or fees refund as well as any conditions for re-enrollment (if appropriate).
6. If appropriate, copies of the Administrative Medical Withdrawal Request Form will be hand-delivered by the Enrollment Services Processing Center to the following offices: Athletics, International Center, University Housing, and Academic Advising. These offices will provide the student with information regarding the impact of the withdrawal on his/her current and future status, as well as avenues of appeal.
7. Invoking this policy does not mean that the student will necessarily be exempt from regular disciplinary action according to the University Student Code of Conduct.
8 The Student Affairs Vice President will contact the Enrollment Services Processing Center to lift the hold (if applicable) on the student’s registration upon appropriate completion of re-enrollment conditions.