If you would like to join the University of North Florida Chapter of SHRM please complete the Membership Application.
Membership fees include:
Annual UNF Student Membership Fee: $20.00
National Chapter Membership Fee: $35.00
Applications & fees can be handed in at Professor Carol Spector's Office at 42/3305.
Please email questions to email@example.com.
What are the benefits of joining SHRM?
- Attend monthly presentations from professionals in the field of HR
- Contribute to the management of the student chapter by holding an officer or director position
- Receive job vacancy announcements in the Jacksonville area
- Explore local organizations each year with our chapter's visit program
- Become actively involved in the community
- Be eligible for a local scholarship award (Available only to student members.)
- Attend monthly presentations and meetings at discounted rates. (Meetings are usually held the first Thursday of each month at various locations in Jacksonville)
- Meet over 600 local HR professionals during the mixer portion of each month's meeting (first 30 minutes)
- Be eligible to attend PHR/SPHR certification preparation course sponsored by parent chapter as a student member
- Opportunities for special projects and volunteer duties within the parent chapter as a student member.
- Receive monthly HR Magazine (A great source for articles for HRDV/HRMG Courses)
- Receive quarterly Echoes dedicated to student members
- Access to SHRM website (www.shrm.org)
- Access to SHRM White Papers (Peer reviewed articles directly related to HR), Members only
- Access to HR jobs posted on national website
- Access to results of SHRM surveys
- Access to forms necessary to start up an HR department
- Opportunity to join more specialized segments of SHRM (For members who specialize in the areas of staffing, consulting, and the high-tech and media industries)
- Access to committees formed to address special issues in HR