- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Additional program requirements:
- Official transcripts from all attended institutions
- GRE Scores (Institutional Codes: 5490)
- 150 Verbal, 160 Quantitative
- The GRE may be waived for current UNF Electrical Engineering undergraduate students if the following criteria are met:
- Submission of an approved thesis faculty advisor. Applicants are responsible for obtaining a UNF faculty member's agreement to serve in this role.
- A 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
- Three letters of recommendation
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) minimum requirements are as follows for applicants from non-English speaking countries:
- 550 paper-based test, or
- 213 computer-based test, or
- 80 internet-based test
Statement of Research
The MSEE program is a thesis-only program which requires all students to secure a thesis advisor prior to admission into the program. An approved thesis advisor must be a current UNF electrical engineering faculty member. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to contact electrical engineering faculty members to secure an advisor prior to applying to the program. Applicants should visit the Department webpage for contact information.
Students should be aware that admission into any graduate program is granted on a competitive basis. Students meeting minimum requirements may be denied admission based on such factors as program capacity or academic discretion. Likewise, students may be considered for admission as an exception if stated admissions criteria are not met.
For more information on how to apply click here.
Additional requirements for International applicants can be found here.