- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Additional program requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a regionally accredited institution with a nursing curriculum based on AACN's Essentials of Baccalaureate Education with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from undergraduate nursing major.
- GRE test scores within the last five (5) years: 153 verbal, 144 quantitative, and a minimum of 3.5 out of 6 on the essay portion. (Institutional Code: 5490) Applicants may submit a MAT score of 410 in lieu of a GRE. (Note: Applicants with a previous graduate-level degree from a regionally accredited institution will not be required to submit any test scores for admission consideration.)
- If you have earned a master's degree this requirement can be waived. Please contact the Graduate School after you have submitted your official transcript evidencing the earned master's degree.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae of nursing roles/experiences. (1 years' experience as a RN in a clinical setting; no longer than 2 pages in length to only
professional RN work experience with a brief explanation of each position’s
responsibilities, indication if the position was full-time or part-time, and an estimate of
the hours worked overall in that position.)
of Intent regarding academic and professional goals (typewritten, not to
exceed 1 page; must indicate if full-time or part-time
enrollment is desired.)
- Clear and active licensure as a Registered Nurse in FL;
out-of-state applicants will need to obtain FL licensure as a RN upon admission
to the program (copy of actual RN license required).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one professional and one academic, which address clinical skills and academic abilities.
Enrollment Selection Form
Important Note: Supplemental items such as licensure, resume, letter of recommendation, enrollment selection form (if applicable) and certifications should be updated with each new application unless prior submitted documents have been approved for use by the nursing admissions team.
For more information on how to apply click here.
Additional requirements for International applicants can be found here.