If the below information doesn't answer your question and you require additional assistance, please contact the Graduate School via email or call us at (904) 620-1360.
First, what site are you on? We can only unlock https://apply.unf.edu/. If you require assistance with logging in to myWings, please contact the Help Desk.
To unlock your account at https://apply.unf.edu/, email us from the email you set your account up with. In the email include:
- A brief statement letting us know your account is locked.
- Your full name and UNF student N# if you have it.
- Your birth date.
- The graduate application fee is good for four consecutive terms (e.g. application fee paid on a fall 2018 application will be good for fall 2018, spring 2019, summer 2019, and fall 2019.).
- The online application will ask for a payment each time, but can be disregarded as long as the new application falls within the four consecutive terms of the original application fee.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- Undergraduate application fees cannot be used for a graduate application, and vise versa.
There are two reasons why you don't see your program of choice listed.
- You are in the account creation stage of the application process. Unfortunately not all of our programs are listed at this stage. You may choose one that closely matches your intended program or choose Exploratory.
- The program you intend to pursue is not offered for your term of choice, or the deadline has already passed. Please visit our Graduate Application Deadlines website for offered terms and deadlines.
If you don't believe either option applies, please contact us via phone or email.
- After you submit your application, it takes 24-72 hours for an application to load into the UNF system.
- Once it has loaded, you will receive an email that will include your UNF student ID number (N#) and instructions on how to access your UNF myWings account.
- From your myWings account you will be able to access your application checklist to submit supplemental material and view your status.
- When all of the required documents have been received and your application checklist is complete, we will create a "referral" that is sent to the graduate program director.
- The graduate program director will then review your application and input a decision on the referral. He/she will forward the referral back to us for official input of the admission decision. Please note, it takes at least one business day after we receive the referral back to input the decision.
- Your decision will be posted to your myWings account and email communication will be sent to you.
We recommend you submit your application checklist documents as soon as possible. Once your checklist is complete, we can create the "referral" and forward it to the graduate program director for a decision. Each program has it's own unique decision time-frame. As a result, it is recommended that the applicant contact the graduate program directory directly.
Not all programs accept graduate post-baccalaureate non-degree applicants. Call or email us, and contact the graduate program director of the program you would like to enroll in. If they agree that you can enroll as non-degree:
- Visit https://apply.unf.edu/.
- Log in or create an account.
- Click the Apply now link at the top.
- Select the Graduate application option.
- For the Please select the option that most closely relates to your enrollment plans question, choose I wish to take graduate level coursework non-degree. I plan to pursue a graduate degree later.
- Complete the application and submit the $30 non-refundable application fee.
- In order to admitted as graduate post-baccalaureate non-degree, an official transcript showing proof of bachelors degree must be submitted. Once admitted to a graduate degree-seeking program, official transcripts from all attended institutions will be required.
- Only 10 credit hours of graduate course work taken in a graduate post-baccalaureate non-degree status may be applied to a degree-seeking graduate program. After taking 10 credit hours, a registration hold will be placed on the account and the Graduate Post-Baccalaureate Memorandum of Understanding Form will be required to lift the hold.
- Students in the graduate post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking status are not eligible for financial aid.
Your application term can be updated as long as your original application hasn't been cancelled, you are not wishing to move your term forward more than a year, the program accepts applications for the new term you are requesting, and the deadline hasn't passed for the term you are requesting.
To update your application term, email us.
In the email include:
- Your full name and UNF student N#.
- A brief statement letting us know you would like to move your [insert term] [insert program] application to [insert term].
We will evaluate your file to confirm the update can be made and you will be notified in response to your email. If we are unable to manually update your application term, a new online application will be required. Please note the online application opens approximately one year prior to the start of the term you wish to apply for.
In order to change majors, a new online application is required. Once the new application has been submitted, email us to cancel the original [insert term] [insert major] application.
To update concentrations, email us requesting to update the [insert term] [insert major] application to the [insert concentration] concentration.
Students that have matriculated and are wishing to change their major will need to complete the Change of Major Form. In order to be processed the entire form must be filled out.
To update concentrations, the Change of Concentration Form is required. If you are graduating, please submit the form no later than one month prior to graduation. In order to be processed the entire form must be filled out.
Some programs can be pursued simultaneously. If interested in dual degrees, please call or email us to confirm your program choices are eligible.
Please note, in order to be awarded degrees in both programs, you will need to apply for graduation for both programs at the same time.
Submit applications for both programs when you apply. When we see you're admitted to both programs, we will email you via your UNF Osprey Account to confirm your intentions.
Current students that later decide to dual degree can complete the Change of Major Form. In the Remove Major field, please write that you would like to pursue a dual degree. In order to be processed the entire form must be filled out.
The Transfer Institution code is automatically loaded when institutional information is manually input on the admission application. It serves as a placeholder that lets us know you attended an institution but we don't have a name for it yet.
To update your record, please email us a list of all attended institutions. We require official transcripts from all attended institutions. Please verify you provide all those attended at the time of application to avoid delay in processing.
If the institution was reported by you on your admission application, we will require a statement from the institution indicating they don't have record of you attending. It can be emailed to us and should include your full name and UNF student N#.
In the event you did not report the institution on your admission application, please email us your full name, UNF student N#, and the institution information. We will review your account.
Your graduate program director can request supplemental requirements be waived (i.e. reference letters, letter of intent, resume, writing sample, certificates, repertoire list, test scores).
Transcripts and TOEFL requirements cannot be waived under any circumstance as they are considered university requirements.
- Transcripts, test scores, and TOEFL material must be submitted as official copies directly to the UNF Graduate School.
- Reference letters are uploaded by your references via the online reference system. Their names and email addresses are input by you through myWings. View the How to Use UNF's Online Reference System guide for more information. If you or your reference is having difficulties please email us to check their login token, and we will email the link again if needed. References may also email their letters (scanned as PDF) to us and in the email should include your full name and, if possible, UNF student N#.
- All other supplemental material can be uploaded through your myWings account. View the How to Upload Supplemental Materials guide for more information. You may also email your material to us. Please include your full name and UNF student N# in the email.
References are notified by email that they have been requested to submit a reference letter and are also given upload instructions. In rare cases, the email is not delivered properly or the reference may have trouble uploading the letter. If you or your reference is having difficulties please email us to check their login token, and we will email the link again if needed. References may also email their letters (scanned as PDF) to us and in the email should include your full name and, if possible, UNF student N#.
This means that all of the required documents have been received, your file is complete, and it has been forwarded by us to the graduate program director for a decision.