William McGee received a 200-acre family grant in 1768. He established a homestead on 200 acres at the northwest corner of the juncture of the Trout and St. Johns Rivers. About half of McGee's property was covered with oak and yellow pine.
Trout River is shown here at its merger with the St. Johns River. Reddy Point is directly across the St. Johns River. William McGee's 200-acre homestead was at the northwest corner of the merger of the Trout and St. Johns, in the foreground of this photograph.