To the south of Hunt Plantation, in the vicinity of what is now Riverdale, Anthony Tissington, a London merchant, was granted 10,000 acres in 1766. The southern boundary was probably at today's McCullough Creek, across from a tract granted to Thomas Woolridge. The Tissington grant was idle at least until the flood of Loyalist refugees arrived in the province in the 1780s.
From the southern part of the Tissington to Deep Creek, which enters the St. Johns River just north of (downriver from) Federal Point, the land is intersected by McCullough Creek and Moccasin Branch, and predominantly cypress swamp and marsh. Deep Creek was called Observation Creek in the years 1763-1784.