Samuel Mills was granted a 200-acre tract in 1769 at Cedar Point Creek which is today part of the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve. Residential ruins of a two-story structure remain at the site, but they were constructed after Samuel Mills and his son Joseph Mills lived there. Cedar Point is more commonly known for its subsequent owner, William Fitzpatrick, who acquired the property in 1795, after Joseph Mills joined a rebellion against the Spanish colonial government.
T77/23/fragments. See also Daniel W. Stowell, Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve: Historic Resource Study (Atlanta, GA: National Park Service, Southeast Field Area, October, 1996), 31-33, 79.