George Rolfes

George Rolfes received a grant for 500 acres north of the St. Johns River at a branch of Trout River, along with title to an adjoining 1,000 acres on which he built a sawmill. Rolfes logged yellow pine on the property before selling it to Captain Benjamin Dodd in 1777.

Click to view larger image

The merger of Trout River and the St. Johns, with Arlington in the distance, and the Panama neighborhood on the right.

Plat Map of George Rolfe's Tract

Bibliographic Information

A Note On Sources

T77/4/8-George Rolfes.