Alexander Morrison acquired 1100 acres consisting of multiple islands located west of Clapboard Creek where it enters the St. Johns. The islands along Heckscher Drive west of Clapboard Creek and in the vicinity of Pelotes Island match the description in the Morrison record. Documentation is sparse but it appears that Morrison acquired these islands for naval stores trade.
The multiple islands in the vicinity of Heckscher Drive as seen across the smoke stacks of the Jacksonville Electric Authority's Northside Generation Station. Blount Island, headquarters for the Jacksonville Port Authority, is seen in the background between the two channels of the St. Johns River.