With this virtual permit system, all vehicles must be parked "nose-in" so our enforcement tag recognition cameras can scan the plates efficiently. A vehicle "backed-in" to a parking space, making the license plate not visible to our enforcement cameras, will receive a parking citation.
Daily Virtual Permits:
If you are visiting UNF, there are two options: $5 or $2 daily virtual permits. These daily virtual permits can be purchased from the Pay-by-Plate kiosks, click Pay-by-Plate Map for locations, and accept cash, debit or charge. The $5 daily virtual permit allows parking in Blue or Gray Lot spaces and the $2 daily virtual permit is valid for Gray Lot parking Only. These designated colored lots are located in the Pay-by-Plate Map.
The permits are valid only for the calendar day you purchased it, not for a 24-hour period from the time that it was purchased. A Consecutive Multi-day Permit is not available, you must purchase a Daily Virtual Permit each day that you park on campus.
Once you have purchased a Daily Virtual Permit, it is non-refundable.
If you are visiting the Fine Arts Center during weekday business hours for a site visit or meeting with our staff, your Event Coordinator will provide you with a one-time code to use at the Pay-by-Plate kiosk so that the Fine Arts Center is billed for your parking fee.
Enforcement activity is Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Purchasing a Daily Virtual Permit from a Pay-by-Plate Kiosk:
- Drive up to kiosk at campus entrances, or park in preferred lot and walk to nearest kiosk. Pay-by-Plate Kiosk map
- Make sure to park "nose-in" so that your license plate is visible from the driving lane.
- Take note (or take a picture) of your vehicle license plate to enter at the kiosk.
- At Kiosk, press the START button on the keyboard (located below the screen) All prompts will be done on the key board (this is not a touch screen system)
- Then, Press 1 for PARKING; PAY BY PLATE PARKING WITH CASH OR CARD
- Next, enter your license plate number, and then press the green Print button (bottom right side of the keyboard) Note: The State of Florida does not use the letter O, only number zeros.
- Finally, enter your payment method
- A receipt may print as a confirmation that the daily virtual permit has been purchased--this does not need to be placed in vehicle window.
New Smartphone App to Purchase Daily Permits:
In combination with the new Virtual Permit and Pay-by-Plate kiosks, a new program known as Whoosh will help create the most efficient and beneficial parking system for our campus community. Beginning Monday, October 9, Whoosh will give you the convenient opportunity to pay for your virtual parking permit by mobile phone.
To get started:
- Download the free Whoosh phone app on your smart phone or visit www.whooshstore.com
- Create an account
- Enter your license plate number
- Enter the Pay-by-Plate kiosk number of the desired parking location. For reference, click on campus parking map
- Select time
- End with payment confirmation
- Enter your license plate number correctly (FL license plates only use zeroes and NOT the letter Os)
- No need to display a physical daily permit or a receipt; your license plate is your daily virtual permit
- Park nose-in so that the rear license plate is visible to our tag recognition cameras
- A $5 daily virtual permit allows parking in both Blue and Gray Lots. A $2 daily virtual permit is valid for Gray Lot parking only. To verify, click on the above listed campus parking map link.
Parking for Special Events at the Fine Arts Center:
If you are attending an event during the week and park your vehicle before 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday or before 5 p.m. Friday, you must purchase a $5 Daily Virtual Permit from a Pay-by-Plate kiosks. Refer to the above regarding Daily Virtual Permit details. If the special event occurs after 5 p.m. on Friday or on Saturday or Sunday, check with your Event Coordinator to determine whether the event organizer/sponsor has arranged for a parking buyout or whether a virtual parking permit must be obtained.
You may park your vehicle on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor of the Fine Arts Center garage (Garage 44; adjacent to the Fine Arts Center, building 45) and the 4th floor of Garage 44A (new garage section accessible from the 3rd floor of the Fine Arts Center garage). Other options include Lot 1 (surface lot surrounding Parking Garage 44) and Lot 2 (in front of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library, building 12).
Refrain from parking in spaces marked in orange and green lines. Spaces marked with orange lines are restricted to Faculty/Staff and spaces marked with green lines are reserved for Vendors. Also, refrain from parking in the loading dock area or the circle leading to the loading dock at the rear of the Fine Arts Center.
Directions from I-95:
J. Turner Butler Blvd. east to the I-295 Beltway exit. The UNF Drive exit is
approximately 1/4 mile. The entrance to campus is on the
right. Upon entering campus proceed through the first traffic
light. The Fine Arts Center and Fine Arts Parking Garage is the first
entrance on the right.
Directions from the Beaches:
Turner Butler Blvd. west to the Kernan Boulevard exit and turn right.
The entrance to the University campus is approximately 1/2 mile on the
left. Turn right at the second traffic light onto UNF Drive. Continue
to follow the roadway passing the Arena and sports complex on the
right, and then the Library on the left. The Fine Arts Center is the
next entrance on the left.