|United Faculty of Florida
University of North Florida | Jacksonville, Florida
- Chronicle of Higher Education article - "Federal Court Orders Restoration of Collective-Bargaining Rights to Faculty and Employee Unions" - 2/17/05
- Gainesville Sun article - "Decision May Give UF Union More Life" - 2/16/05
- UFF News Release - February 15, 2005
- First District Court of Appeals ruling
May 4, 2004
- Session Ends on Time.
- Both community colleges and universities received an ncrease of over 7%.
- State University employees' salaries and benefits.
- Community College Baccalaureate programs received $7,767,160 from General Revenue.
- Several community colleges were renames.
- Total FRS rate is unchanged for 2004-05 at 7.39% as passed in SB 2230.
- Retirement bills did not fair well this session.
April 2, 2004
- We are half way there!
- HB 303 Post Secondary Education Access by Mayfield and SB 2388 Community College/Baccalaureate by the Education Committee
- House Education K-20 Committee Passes Revised 18-Credit Option Bill
- SB 2884 Relating to State Universities/Incentive Funds by Carlton
- On the National Front - Update on the HEA (Higher Education Act)
March 19, 2004
- You Will Teach Civics!
- SB 1670 by Sen. Argenziano passed the Senate Education Committee.
- Higher Education Finance Policy Bill (PCB EDK 04-07A)
- Governor Releases Supplemental Budget Request
- Update on the Standardized Testing of University Students
March 12, 2004
- Week Two on the Hill
- UCAT ALERT!
- In Tallahassee
- Tax Breaks -- Making Florida's Economy Strong?
- HB 237 by Rep. Kilmer - Sales Tax Holiday Bill
- HB 791 by Rep. Johnson would eliminate the Intangible Property Tax over the next three years.
- On the National Front -- The Flight in Congress Over Money and Public Policy
March 5, 2004
- They're Baa-ck!
- House Appropriations cuts 3.5% to" Reprioritize" Budget
- UFF Member Lobbyist's Impressions
February 27, 2004
- Pre-Session Update
- FEA/UFF Retirement Initiatives
- Health Insurance Subsidy Increase
- DROP and Reemployment Equity
- FAIR Amendment