Equal Opportunity and Diversity Mission
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (E.O.D.) is committed to fostering non-discrimination and non-harassment in the workplace and the educational environment by ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws, local ordinances, and agency requirements that are related to equity and compliance for universities. E.O.D. provides leadership and support toward developing a comprehensive and institution-wide approach to achieving and sustaining a diverse and pluralistic community of students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors.
Non-Discrimination, ADA-Section 504 Compliance, and Title IX Administration
Leads Equal Opportunity (EO) compliance and diversity university-wide for students, faculty, staff and external constituents.
- Recruitment of A&P and Faculty positions
- Investigates and facilitates resolution of discrimination, sexual misconduct, Title IX, and ADA-Section 504 compliance
- Analytics and reporting including Affirmative Action Plan administration for employees, individuals with disabilities, and veterans
- Title IX Committee administration
- Service on the following committees:
Diversity and Inclusion
The Director of Equal Opportunity and Diversity also serves as Chief Diversity Officer. Through this Office, the University is a member of the National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE). The Chief Diversity Officer role includes:
- Monitoring university-wide Diversity and Inclusion framework
- Training and development in line with the office's mission
- New degree and discipline reviews
- Serves on the President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion (CODI) Steering Committee
- Consultations with departments on Diversity and Initiatives strategies, committees, and diversity plans
Special Reports and Publications
Click on the images below to learn more about UNF's recent diversity awards.