Studies indicate that, even among professional communicators, many conversations and emails are necessary to avoid and/or correct miscommunications. This workshop provides participants with tools to minimize the time we spend in ineffective conversations, emails and reports.
Attendees will learn to:
- Identify our basic communication styles and those of colleagues and customers
- Recognize the perceptions and filters we use that cloud or bias communication
- Prevent emotions from causing lapses in professional interactions
- Understand the importance in active listening techniques in conversation
- Respond assertively without retreating into passivity or escalating conflict