During the Day (Normal Business Hours)
The UNF Counseling Center provides in-office crisis intervention services during our normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm).
To be seen for a crisis walk-in appointment you may call our office (904)-620-2602 or simply walk into the center during normal business hours. Be sure to inform the receptionist that you are experiencing a crisis and we will make every effort to respond to your situation as quickly as possible.
During Evenings, Weekends and University Closures/Holidays
If you are experiencing an immediate mental health emergency, Dial 9-1-1
- Counseling Center After-Hours Support Line - Call (904) 620-2602, wait for the voice prompt, and select option number 2
- If you (or a friend) are experiencing distress and need someone to talk with in the middle of the night, on the weekend or any time the university if closed, please call the Counseling Center's main number (904) 620-2602, wait for the voice prompt, and select option 2. This will connect you with our after-hours support line, which is staffed by licensed counselors. Please note, this service cannot change or schedule appointments. The after-hours support line is available whenever the Counseling Center is closed. The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- United Way of Northeast Florida 2-1-1 - Dial 2-1-1
- People living in a nine-county region of Northeast Florida can dial 2-1-1, to be connected to free information and referrals to health, social and human services
- ULifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- A nationwide 24-hour service that forwards your call to the nearest crisis hotline
- UNF Victim Assistance - Call (904) 620-1010
- A 24-hour resource and support service for anyone in the University community who has been a victim of actual or threatened violence.
- University Police Department, Non-Emergency - Call (904) 620-2800
- Florida Poison Information Center - Call 1-800-222-1222
Medical Emergency Care
- Please click the button below to visit the Emergency and After Hours Care services website provided by Student Health Services
Life-Threatening Medical Emergencies