To acknowledge and honor the exemplary efforts of a student, faculty, or staff member who:
- Increases the appreciation for, and the awareness of the benefits, importance, and relevance of diversity and inclusion.
- Works to advance the efforts of the university to be more diverse and inclusive, identifies and challenges obstacles, and identifies and builds assets and strengths.
Nominations are made online by completing a simple form. The deadline to submit this form is midnight, March 10. Nominees will be notified by March 14 and will have until midnight April 5 to submit their candidate packets.
There will be one (1) award for $2,500, for an individual.
Call for Nominations
The UNF Commission on Diversity and Inclusion is extending "An Invitation to Submit Nominations." Please click here
to complete a very simple nomination form. This form is used for both self-nominations and for nominating someone other than yourself.
All UNF students, faculty, and staff are eligible.
Who Can Nominate?
Nominations may be made by any student, faculty, or staff member.
Nominations may be made by any person and nominees may self-nominate. Nominees should be those who engage in diversity and inclusion initiatives, organizational programs, and/or systemic activities and efforts. Nominees should create or enhance opportunities for UNF students, faculty, and/or staff to develop in ways related to diversity and inclusion.
Screening and Selection Procedures
For purposes of the award selection process, diversity and inclusion initiatives are defined as organizational programs, activities, and efforts, designed to promote and support differences in people and society that may include race and ethnic origin, gender, ability, religion, age, education, sexual orientation or other differences.
The selection process includes:
- Nominations will be accepted between February 27 and midnight, March 10. Nominating yourself or someone else is easy. Just click this link and enter some brief information.
- The Commission on Diversity & Inclusion (CODI) will contact all nominees by March 14 to communicate the information required for a completed candidate packet.
- Nominees are required to submit the following documentation by Wednesday, April 5, before midnight. Incomplete or late packets will not be considered by the selection committee.
- A personal letter written by the nominee outlining the activities and achievements that demonstrate their contributions toward diversity and inclusion [no more than two (2) typed pages]
- Two (2) letters of reference [each being no more than two (2) typed pages]
- The award selection committee will review the candidate packages and select two (2) to three (3) nominees to interview. They will then, based off a combination of criteria ratings, make a recommendation to the Commission on Diversity & Inclusion (CODI) by the end of April.
- CODI will review the selection committee’s recommendations and voting members will choose the award recipient.
The selected nominee will receive notification of the award before the end of June. Public acknowledgement and the recipient’s award presentation will be made during the 2017 fall convocation, by the university President or designee.
For More Information and to Submit Candidate Packets
For more information, email email@example.com
or call 904-620-2500.
Nominations can be made online until March 10 at click here.
Nominees should send completed candidate packets by midnight, April 5, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by U.S. mail to:
c/o Commission on Diversity & Inclusion
University of North Florida
Office of the President
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
Persons with a disability, in need of a reasonable accommodation, should use the contact information above or call via 711TTY if communication assistance is required.